Post-doctoral research fellow in IO/antitrust
Title: Post-doctoral research fellow in IO/antitrust
- Employer: Stellenbosch University (Department of Economics)
- Location: South Africa
- Position Type: Post-Doc
- Deadline: Jan 31, 2017
- Job Description:
The Department of Economics at Stellenbosch University, in collaboration with the Competition Commission of South Africa, is setting up a Centre for Competition Law and Economics in 2017. The centre’s research activities will include a PhD scholarship programme, a weekly seminar series, and regular international research workshops.
To strengthen the Centre, applications are invited for a twelve-month, full-time postdoctoral research fellowship.
Applicants should hold a PhD in economics, with specialization in industrial organization or the economics of antitrust / competition policy. No teaching is involved.
The research of applicants should focus, preferably, on theoretical or empirical topics related to collusion, though the Centre will consider applicants with other research interests. The successful applicant will be expected to collaborate with staff and doctoral students of the Centre on research projects, participate in all Centre activities, and may also continue his/her own previous research. The working language will be English.
The starting date is between January and July 2017, but negotiable. The position may be renewed for one further year, depending on other applications and the applicant’s performance.
• A maximum of R 400,000 for the twelve-month period. Note that living expenses in Stellenbosch are lower in euro/dollar terms compared to the EU or the US.
• Access to a travel fund, for international and local travel purposes.
The position will be based in Stellenbosch. Information about Stellenbosch:
• Stellenbosch is located about 45 minutes from Cape Town International Airport.
• The town is a very popular tourist destination in South Africa, situated in the Cape Winelands, and offers a European lifestyle, with very good restaurants, cultural events and outdoor activities.
• Stellenbosch has excellent public schools in both English and Afrikaans.
Please contact Prof Willem Boshoff (email@example.com) for further inquiries.
Application deadline: 31 January 2017
This position has closed. Applications are no longer accepted.