Senior/Principal Country Economists AND Senior/Principal Sector Economists
Title: Senior/Principal Country Economists AND Senior/Principal Sector Economists
- Employer: International Finance Corporation (IFC)
- Location: United States
- Position Type: Other Non-Academic
- Deadline: Jan 18, 2017
- Job Description:
IFC, a member of the World Bank Group, is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. Working with 2,000 businesses worldwide, we use our six decades of experience to create opportunity where it’s needed most. In FY16, our long-term investments in developing countries rose to nearly $19 billion, leveraging our capital, expertise and influence to help the private sector end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity.
As part of the Economics & Private Sector Development Vice Presidency, the Country Economics & Engagement Department (CEE) assesses economic trends and opportunities for private sector development at country and regional level and works closely with IFC Operations and partners in the World Bank Group in formulating country and regional strategies and conducting policy dialogue. On the other hand, the Sector Economics and Development Impact Department (SEDA) analyzes sectoral economic trends, and works closely with IFC Operations in formulating sector priorities and strategies, conducting policy dialogue, structuring, appraising, and monitoring investment projects and reporting on IFC’s impact.
Both departments, CEE and SEDA, are looking to hire multiple Senior/Principal Country Economists and also Senior/Principal Sector Economists.
Country Economists will focus on one of IFC’s regions (Africa, East Asia/Pacific, Europe/Central Asia, Latin America/Caribbean, Middle East/North Africa, and South Asia).
Sector Economists will focus on private sector development in one of the following sectors: financial, power/transport, health/education, manufacturing/services and technology/telecom.
• A post graduate degree in economics/finance/public policy or other relevant graduate degree from a reputable university.
• At least 10-15 years of experience demonstrating analytical skills in economics and private sector development work.
• Prior work experience in the respective sector/region preferably in a Development Finance Institution (DFI) or in the private sector and track record of working on sector/country strategies and policy related aspects.
• Knowledge of IFC or similar operational and portfolio work and a good understanding of investment projects and areas of focus is desirable
• Excellent understanding of financial and economic concepts and data & strong analytical and quantitative skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to communicate effectively with high level stakeholders.
For the full job description and to apply online, please visits IFC’s career website at: www.ifc.org/careers (Senior/Principal Country Economists - Job no. 162740 and Senior/Principal Sector Economists – Job no. 162741). Deadline January 11, 2017
This position has closed. Applications are no longer accepted.