Tenure-Track Position in Microeconomics | University of Vienna
Title: Tenure-Track Position in Microeconomics | University of Vienna
- Employer: University of Vienna (Economics)
- Location: Austria
- Position Type: Assistant Professor
- Deadline: Feb 28, 2017
- Job Description:
At the Faculty of Business, Economics and Statistics of the University of Vienna a full-time
Tenure-Track Position in Microeconomics
is to be filled. Qualified candidates should create synergies with the department’s microeconomics group and beyond. Accordingly, specializations could include Information Economics, Robust Decision Making, Industrial Organization, or Consumer Search.
Successful candidates should have the following qualifications:
• PhD and at least 2 years of post-doctoral experience
• Outstanding research and publication record
• Documented ability to design and participate in research projects and willingness to lead them
• Excellent teaching record and willingness to supervise theses and promote young academics
• Willingness to acquire within 3 years proficiency in German sufficient for teaching and participating in committee work
The University of Vienna is an equal opportunity employer. Given equal qualifications, preference will be given to female applicants. The University of Vienna offers an attractive and dynamic research location in a city with a high quality of life and in a country with excellent research funding provision.
Candidates should send an application containing at least the following documents:
- Academic curriculum vitae
- List of publications and talks given
- List of third party funded projects, if any
- Brief description of current research interests and plans for the immediate future
- Survey of teaching experience incl. teaching evaluations and list of supervised theses
Please send your application – preferably in English and electronically – to the Job Center of the University of Vienna firstname.lastname@example.org prior to February 28, 2017, indicating the reference no. 7190. Further information can be obtained from the Head of Department, Monika Merz at email@example.com.