Lecturer with Security of Employment (Associate Teaching Professor)
Title: Lecturer with Security of Employment (Associate Teaching Professor)
- Employer: University of California, San Diego (Economics Recruitment)
- Location: United States
- Position Type: Assistant or Associate Professor
- Deadline: Jun 1, 2017
- Job Description:
The Department of Economics http://economics.ucsd.edu at the University of California, San Diego invites applications for a Teaching Professor position in Economics (any field). The Department is searching for a Teaching Professor with security of employment (“tenure”) at the Associate or Full level.
We seek candidates committed to academic excellence and diversity, equity and inclusion within the faculty, staff, and student body. Candidates will be expected to teach core undergraduate courses and may also teach advanced undergraduate and graduate courses. Successful candidates will have led scholarly activities outside the classroom that have resulted in significant advances in the field of Economics and are relevant to the courses to be taught. Successful candidates must show commitment to educating a broad and diverse group of students and in working to increase the participation and success of students at all levels.
Candidates are expected to have a Ph.D. degree in Economics and have accomplishments in the field, as evidenced by scholarly achievement (e.g. publications and/or seminar presentations). The successful candidate is expected to also have the following attributes:
• University-level teaching experience, with demonstrated success teaching undergraduates in both large and small class settings.
• A commitment to equity and inclusion in higher education and an ability to successfully address the educational and academic needs of a diverse student population. We are particularly interested in identifying and developing effective teaching strategies for the educational advancement of students from groups who are underrepresented in higher education.
• Demonstrated ability or potential to serve in a leadership role in the educational program of the department of Economics and University as a whole.
Candidates should submit, via online application to: https://apol-recruit.ucsd.edu/apply/JPF01358
(a) A short cover letter describing background and interests
(c) Teaching Statement
(d) Documentation of teaching excellence including teaching evaluations, syllabi and, where relevant, links to any instructional materials developed by the candidate
(e) Statement of scholarly activities
(f) Representative publications/scholarly articles
(h) Three letters of recommendation commenting on the candidate’s research and pedagogical skills, among other attributes, to be submitted via the on-line application system. (provide referee name, title, address and email)
(i) Personal statement about past experience and leadership with respect to diversity or equity and/or the potential to make contributions in this area (for further information about contributions to diversity statements,see http://facultyexcellence.ucsd.edu/c2d/index.html).
Applications received by February 24th, 2016 will be given full consideration. However, the position will remain open until filled.
Appointments will begin July 1, 2017. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and based on the University of California pay scales.
UCSD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer with a strong institutional commitment to academic excellence and diversity and to addressing dual career issues (http://academicaffairs.ucsd.edu/aps/partneropp/). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status.