Research Assistant (m/f)
Title: Research Assistant (m/f)
- Employer: Deutsche Bundesbank (Personalmarketing)
- Location: Germany
- Position Type: Assistant or Associate Professor
- Deadline: May 3, 2017
- Job Description:
As one of the world's largest central banks, the Deutsche Bundesbank works in the public interest. Our business areas include monetary policy, banking supervision, financial stability, cash management and payment systems. The Deutsche Bundesbank is looking to recruit a part-time research assistant, initially on a two-year contract at the Higher Service level, to work in the Research Centre at our Central Office in Frankfurt am Main.
Research Assistant (m/f)
What the job entails
You will support the Head of Research in producing academic papers and analyses in areas such as empirical macroeconomics, financial intermediation and asset pricing.
Working in an international team, you will contribute to the Deutsche Bundesbank's decision-making process by providing insights into fundamental issues based on academic research. In your work, you will have access to an excellent IT and data infrastructure and have contact with leading international academics.
What we have to offer
Besides a unique set of tasks, we offer you attractive employment conditions with an individual part-time agreement. Moreover, we support you in a variety of ways in pursuing your Ph.D.
- accredited Master's degree or equivalent qualification in a degree programme with a quantitative focus (e.g. economics or statistics) with very good results;
- working towards a Ph.D. or enrolment in a Ph.D. programme in Economics or Finance; - sound knowledge of empirical methods and economic theory;
- experience using mathematical statistical applications such as Matlab or Stata;
- good knowledge of data services such as Bloomberg, Datastream or Haver would be an advantage;
- sound command of written and spoken English
We would like to increase the proportion of female staff at the Deutsche Bundesbank and would therefore welcome applications from women with the appropriate qualifications. Where candidates are equally qualified for the position, preference will be given to applicants with a disability.
If you have any questions, please contact Malte Knüppel (+49 69 9566 2324) or Guido Schultefrankenfeld (+49 69 9566 8727) from the Research Centre or Caren-Berit Rödiger (+49 69 9566 8433) from the Human Resources Department.
For more information, visit our website at www.bundesbank.de/Navigation/EN/Bundesbank/Career/career. We look forward to receiving your online application and supporting documentation (cover letter, CV, study certificates or current academic transcript) by 14 May 2017, quoting the reference number 2017_0264_02.