Post-Doc in Applied Labor Economics
Title: Post-Doc in Applied Labor Economics
- Employer: NHH, Norwegian School of Economics (Department of Economics)
- Location: Norway
- Position Type: Post-Doc
- Deadline: Dec 1, 2017
- Job Description:
Post doc in Applied Labor Economics
NHH Norwegian School of Economics in Bergen, Norway, invites applicants for a four-year postdoc position in Applied Labor Economics at the Department of Economics.
We are looking for an excellent economist with expected completion of PhD no later than date of appointment.
The Department has high ambitions in terms of research where the main research areas in addition to Applied Labor Economics are; Behavioural Economics, Industrial Organization, Macro- and Resource Economics, International Trade, and Applied Microeconomics.
The position is a part of the Centre of Excellence, FAIR. It is linked to funding from NORFACE where the Applied Labor Economics group FAIR-CELE collaborates with a group of researchers at University College London and Paris School of Economics. The core topics are: i) inequality over the life-cycle, ii) child development, iii) parental investments, iv) public policies. Within these topics, the new hire will be encouraged to develop an individual research agenda in collaboration with the members of the research group. The position will involve moderate teaching and administrative duties.
The position is based in Bergen, but research travel will be encouraged and there are also opportunities for research stays at collaborating institutions.
- A starting pay of NOK 622 000 – 660 000, depending on level of competence/length of service
- Academically stimulating working environment
- Membership in the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund
- Good pension and welfare benefits (e.g. parental leave)
An applicant list may be made public even though the applicant has requested not to be named in such a list. The applicant will be notified if his/her request is not respected.
In the event of equivalent qualifications, female applicants will be given preference. In the assessment of applicants, international experience and qualifications will be emphasized.
Enquiries may be directed to:
• Professor Kjell Gunnar Salvanes (FAIR-CELE), firstname.lastname@example.org / Phone: +47 55959315
• Administrative coordinator Christel Florvåg, email@example.com / Phone: +47 55959711
Applications must be submitted online at https://econjobmarket.org
Deadline for applications is 1st of December 2017.
To apply, log into Econ Job Market here.