Assistant/Associate professors (tenure track) in Behavioural and Applied Labor
Title: Assistant/Associate professors (tenure track) in Behavioural and Applied Labor
- Employer: NHH, Norwegian School of Economics (Department of Economics)
- Location: Norway
- Position Type: Assistant or Associate Professor
- Deadline: Dec 1, 2017
- Job Description:
Assistant/Associate professors –
Two tenure track positions in Behavioural Economics and Applied Labor Economics
NHH Norwegian School of Economics in Bergen, Norway, invites applicants for two tenure-track Assistant Professor/Associate Professor positions for seven years; one position in Behavioural Economics and one position in Applied Labor Economics at the Department of Economics.
We are looking for excellent economists with expected completion of PhD no later than date of appointment.
The Department has high ambitions in terms of research where the main research areas in addition to Behavioural Economics and Applied Labor Economics are; Industrial Organization, Macro- and Resource Economics, International Trade, and Applied Microeconomics.
The two positions are part of the Centre of Excellence, FAIR;
i) one position in Behavioural Economics (FAIR – The Choice Lab)
ii) one position in Applied Labor Economics (FAIR – CELE)
Within these areas, the new hires will be encouraged to develop an individual research agenda in collaboration with the members of the research group and contribute to the Department's long-term academic development. The positions will involve a competitive teaching load, which also includes graduate supervision and administrative duties.
The position is based in Bergen, but research travel will be encouraged and there are also opportunities for research stays at collaborating institutions.
- A starting pay of NOK 622 000 – 702 000, depending on level of competence/length of service
- Academically stimulating working environment
- Membership in the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund
- Good pension and welfare benefits (e.g. parental leave)
An applicant list may be made public even though the applicant has requested not to be named in such a list. The applicant will be notified if his/her request is not respected.
In the event of equivalent qualifications, female applicants will be given preference. In the assessment of applicants, international experience and qualifications will be emphasized.
Enquiries may be directed to:
• Professor Bertil Tungodden (FAIR – The Choice Lab), firstname.lastname@example.org / Phone: +4755959261
• Professor Kjell Salvanes (FAIR – CELE), email@example.com / Phone: +47 55959315
• Administrative coordinator Christel Florvåg, firstname.lastname@example.org / Phone: +47 55959711
Applications must be submitted online at https://econjobmarket.org
Deadline for applications is 1st of December 2017.
This position has closed. Applications are no longer accepted.