Assistant/Associate professor - tenure track position in Economics
Title: Assistant/Associate professor - tenure track position in Economics
- Employer: NHH, Norwegian School of Economics (Department of Economics)
- Location: Norway
- Position Type: Assistant or Associate Professor
- Deadline: Dec 1, 2017
- Job Description:
Assistant / Associate professor - tenure track position in Economics
NHH Norwegian School of Economics in Bergen, Norway, invites applicants for one tenure-track Assistant Professor/Associate Professor position for seven years in Economics at the Department of Economics.
We are looking for an excellent economist with research interests in one or more of the following fields: i) Microeconomics, ii) Industrial Organization, iii) International Economics, iv) Public Economics, v) Macroeconomics, vi) Environmental Economics, vii) Natural Resource Economics. Applications from candidates with empirical and/or theoretical perspectives are welcome.
The expected completion of PhD should be no later than date of appointment. In the event of equivalent qualifications, female applicants will be given preference. In the assessment of applicants, international experience and qualifications will be emphasized.
The new hire will be encouraged to develop an individual research agenda in collaboration with members of one or several of the existing research groups and contribute to the department's long-term academic development. The position will involve a competitive teaching load, which also includes graduate supervision and administrative duties.
The position is based in Bergen, but research travel will be encouraged and there are also opportunities for research stays at collaborating institutions.
- A starting pay of NOK 622 000 – 702 000, depending on level of competence/length of service
- Academically stimulating working environment
- Membership in the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund
- Good pension and welfare benefits (e.g. parental leave)
An applicant list may be made public even though the applicant has requested not to be named in such a list. The applicant will be notified if his/her request is not respected.
Enquiries may be directed to:
• Professor Gernot Doppelhofer (Macro, Public), firstname.lastname@example.org / Phone: +47 55959360
• Associate Professor Torfinn Harding (International, Environmental, Resources), email@example.com / Phone: +47 55 959879
• Professor Eirik Gaard Kristiansen (Micro, IO), firstname.lastname@example.org / Phone: +47 55959278
• Administrative coordinator Christel Florvåg, email@example.com / Phone: +47 55959711
Applications must be submitted online at https://econjobmarket.org
Deadline for applications is 1st of December 2017.
This position has closed. Applications are no longer accepted.