Research Economists (Junior and Senior Levels)
Title: Research Economists (Junior and Senior Levels)
- Employer: Bank of Lithuania (Center for Excellence in Finance and Economic Research (CEFER))
- Location: Lithuania
- Position Type: Other Non-Academic
- Deadline: Nov 24, 2017
- Job Description:
The Bank of Lithuania and Vilnius University are inviting applications for positions as Researcher (junior and senior level) at the Center for Excellence in Finance and Economic Research (CEFER). CEFER constitutes the major nucleus for high-quality research in economics and finance in the country. More information can be found here: http://www.lb.lt/en/of-research.
Economic research is an integral part of the Bank of Lithuania’s work flow and is an important element of the decision making process. Vilnius University is the biggest public university offering a wide range of degrees in economics and finance as well as in other fields. Lately, CEFER has also started to collaborate with the second highest ranked university in the country, Kaunas University of Technology.
The Center is based in Vilnius, the capital of one of Europe’s fastest growing economies - Lithuania, famous for its unique old town, vibrant culture and easy access to major European cities. The position is research-centered (a commitment explicitly expressed by all participating institutions) with minimal policy involvement and small teaching load.
• A Ph.D. in economics, finance or related fields (or close to completion)
• Publication record commensurate with career stage (or potential to publish in top-field journals at junior level)
• Ability to cooperate and network to sustain joint projects
• Experience or willingness to attract third-party funding (senior level)
• Excellent written and verbal presentation skills in English
Please apply through the platforms of Econ Job Market or the American Economic Association. Alternatively, you can also send the following to email@example.com:
• Cover letter
• CV (with a list of publications and working papers)
• At least 2 letters of reference
• Job market paper (mandatory at the junior level)
Application deadline: 24 November 2017
Interviews will be conducted at the Spanish Economic Association Symposium in Barcelona on 14-16 December 2017 and the American Economic Association 2018 Annual Meeting in Philadelphia on 5-7 January 2018. Applicants planning to attend these events are advised to apply in advance.
Salaries will be competitive at the European level. Generous research budgets and excellent working conditions will be provided.
• More details on CEFER and research at the Bank of Lithuania can be found here: http://www.lb.lt/en/of-research
• Enquiries about vacancies should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
This position has closed. Applications are no longer accepted.