Principal Economist, Bank of Lithuania
Title: Principal Economist, Bank of Lithuania
- Employer: Bank of Lithuania (Economics Department)
- Location: Lithuania
- Position Type: Other Non-Academic
- Deadline: Dec 1, 2017
- Job Description:
The Economics Department of the Bank of Lithuania (BoL) is seeking a dynamic and experienced Principal Economist for its Monetary Policy Division. The Division contributes to analytical and policy functions in the area of monetary policy, provides analytical support on matters related to the single monetary policy of the euro area and otherwise assists the representatives of BoL in the fulfilment of their functions in the ESCB Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) and the Governing Council.
Main purpose of this position: the holder of the position will analyse, either individually or in a team, the monetary policy stance and transmission and will facilitate decision making at the BoL on monetary policy issues. Workload in this position would be allocated to policy questions (about 30%), expert assessment of research-based material related to abovementioned activities (40%), and conducting own research (30%) on topics relevant for the central banking community with an emphasis on monetary policy.
Main functions and responsibilities:
• analysing issues related to the transmission mechanism of monetary policy; following related academic and policy literature;
• analysing the transmission and effectiveness of the ECB monetary policy in the euro area as a whole and, if needed, in individual Member States;
• facilitating the preparation of BoL’s representatives for participation in the MPC and Governing Council;
• monitoring and analysing the monetary policies of other major central banks;
• conducting or coordinating analytical and research projects related to monetary policy; presenting their results to expert and general audiences.
Required competencies and skills:
• Ph.D. degree in economics, finance, econometrics or other related field;
• sound knowledge of econometrics;
• at least 3 years of work experience in monetary policy or economic policy analysis;
• very good skills in writing analytical reports;
• very good presentation skills, ability to communicate economic policy issues to expert and wider audiences;
• ability to work on own initiative and responsibility in a team;
• ability to work under time pressure;
• experience in econometric modelling;
• work experience in the Eurosystem or other international institutions in the field of monetary policy analysis;
• academic publications in macroeconomics.
Curriculum vitae (CV) together with a letter of intent (including a preferred starting date), recommendation letters, and the samples of publications (if available) should be submitted to Ms. Justina Gaižutyte, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Deadline: December 1st, 2017
Further information about the position can be obtained from:
Mr. Sigitas Šiaudinis, e-mail: email@example.com
We will be present at the Spanish Economic Association Symposium and Job Market meeting in Barcelona.
To apply, log into Econ Job Market here.