Finance Professor (open rank) at the University of Geneva
Title: Finance Professor (open rank) at the University of Geneva
- Employer: University of Geneva (Geneva Finance Research Institute)
- Location: Switzerland
- Position Type: Professor Any Level
- Deadline: Dec 15, 2017
- Job Description:
The Geneva School of Economics and Management (GSEM) of the University of Geneva invites applications for a PROFESSOR (open rank) at the Geneva Finance Research Institute – GFRI.
The successful candidate will actively contribute to the research and teaching activities of the GSEM in the field of Finance, preferably with a specialization in Corporate Finance or in Banking.
Teaching obligations include courses at Bachelor, Master and Graduate levels. Candidates are also expected to contribute to the management of the Faculty and its institutes.
For outstanding candidate the university position can be combined with a Junior or Senior Chair at the Swiss Finance Institute (SFI: http://sfi.ch/research/faculty), which comes with a salary complement.
- Candidates must hold a PhD in Finance or in a related field in a recognized university ;
- The quality of your research should be demonstrate by publications in top international peer-reviewed journals. Junior applicants (pre-tenure) can demonstrate research excellence with promising research projects, papers and academic references ;
- Teaching experience in the field of Finance (Corporate Finance, Valuation, Investments, Banking) in different academic levels is required, strong didactical skills are an asset ;
- If you qualify for an SFI chaired position you may contribute to the SFI PhD program in finance (http://sfi.ch/phd-program/campuses) ;
- Proficiency in English is required, French knowledge would be an advantage.
STARTING DATE : September 2018, or upon mutual agreement.
APPLICATIONS : Applications should include a cover letter, a detailed CV with a list of publications, a copy of highest degrees/diploma and a list of referee who can later be contacted directly by the search committee. Recommendation letters are not requested for now.
Applications should be submitted exclusively online:
APPLICATIONS SENT BY EMAIL WILL BE NOT ACCEPTED.