Title: Research Economists
- Employer: Banco de Portugal (Research Department)
- Location: Portugal
- Position Type: Other Non-Academic
- Deadline: May 30, 2018
- Job Description:
Banco de Portugal is hiring researchers holding a PhD in Economics. The work site will be in Lisbon, in the Economics and Research Department.
Banco de Portugal is the central bank of Portugal and a member of the Eurosystem. The Economics and Research Department combines economic research with the policy tasks related to the mission of Banco de Portugal as a member of the Eurosystem and to the analysis of the Portuguese economy. The Department has a group of research economists whose principal task is to improve knowledge in the topics relevant for a central bank.
• Doctoral degree in Economics with a strong background in economic theory (applications from candidates who expect to complete their degree by the summer of 2018 are acceptable but admission will be conditional on the successful completion of the degree);
• Solid knowledge of Economic Theory, Macroeconomics, Financial Economics or Econometrics/Microeconometrics;
• Potential to publish articles in high quality international academic journals;
• Motivation to deepen technical knowledge and innovate in the candidate’s area of specialisation;
• Ability to work in teams and to adapt to different environments;
• Written and spoken proficiency in English.
Applicants should submit a CV, two letters of recommendation, a research paper, and a brief letter stating their professional interests and motivation for the application. We will receive applications until November 30, 2017 through the EconJobMarket website (https://www.econjobmarket.org). Informal inquiries about the position should be sent to Isabel Correia, at email@example.com. Interviews will take place during the 42nd SAEe symposium in Barcelona.
To apply, log into Econ Job Market here.