Title: Game Economist
- Employer: MobLab (MobLab)
- Location: United States
- Position Type: Other Non-Academic
- Deadline: Jan 21, 2018
- Job Description:
Position: MobLab Game/Content Economist
We invite applications for a full-time in-house content economist position with training in the areas of behavioral and experimental economics to help the team in product development and data analytics. Looking for a new challenge or to kick-start your career with a fast-growing EdTech company? Join us on an exciting and challenging journey that is making a difference in education.
Location: Pasadena, CA.
About US: We are an educational game and technology start-up in Pasadena, CA. Our mission is to deliver engaging and interactive learning experiences for economics, business, and the social sciences in general, both in and out of classrooms.
We are looking for an outstanding candidate who is well versed and trained in behavioral and experimental economics, passionate about education, detail-oriented, hard working, and able to think critically when challenges arise.
• Work with the outward facing business team to identify new games and improve existing games based on market demands.
• Collaborate with designers and engineers to design new games, treatments, post-game data displays, and data exports.
• Develop content related to games such as instructions, instructor guides, lesson plans, and student curriculum.
• Routinely evaluate games and supporting content in terms of applicability and targeted class level.
• Write short essays for the MobLab blog about economic lessons, game data, and pedagogy.
• Help promote MobLab at various academic conferences and workshops.
• Participate in the development of machine-learning based approaches to improve student play with robots asynchronously.
• Work with engineers to create a de-identified data service that will help with meta analysis.
• Work in-house full time.
• Ph.D. or equivalent degree in Economics or related field, experience in experimental economics/behavioral economics, and evidence of research.
• Teaching experience, preferably with games and experiments.
• Scripting or programming experience in MATLAB, R or Python
• Willing to travel
• Salary, stock option and year-end bonus is commensurate with qualifications, experience, and contribution.
• Two letters of recommendation required.
This position has closed. Applications are no longer accepted.