Postdoctoral Fellowship in Corporate Finance, Lund University School of Economic
Title: Postdoctoral Fellowship in Corporate Finance, Lund University School of Economic
- Employer: Lund University School of Economics and Management (Business Administration)
- Location: Sweden
- Position Type: Post-Doc
- Deadline: Feb 28, 2018
- Job Description:
Thanks to generous support from the Tore Browaldh Foundation, the Department of Business Administration in cooperation with the Knut Wicksell Centre for Financial Sciences (KWC) at the Lund University School of Economics and Management, Sweden, invites applications for a 3+3-year post-doctoral position as Browaldh Scholar in corporate finance.
• The position is a 3+3-year appointment with competitive compensation. The initial appointment is for 3 years, extendable for another three years. Salary takes the form of a tax-exempt scholarship.
• This is a full-time research position. Teaching is optional but may be added up to maximum 30% of the working time; typically, no teaching is granted during the first year of appointment.
• The appointment will begin no later than September 2018.
Applicants should be recent PhD graduates (or PhD completed by employment) in Business, Finance, Corporate Finance, or a related topic, with a strong interest and research experience in corporate finance. They should have experience in the empirical methods used in corporate finance, such as panel econometrics and microeconometrics. Excellent spoken and written English is a requirement.
Research skills and academic promise will be the main selection criteria. The ability to conduct research independently and the ability to participate in international research collaborations are very important considerations.
The successful candidate will be expected to carry out research suitable for publication in leading or highly ranked field and general finance journals. The successful candidate is expected to work full time in Lund for the duration of the position and to participate actively in the activities at the Department of Business Administration and the Knut Wicksell Centre.
Application deadline is February 15, 2018.
The application should include:
• a curriculum vitae detailing the candidate’s education, teaching experience, and list of publications and working papers
• a cover letter motivating the candidate’s interest in the position
• a description of research profile and future research plans
• up to three selected papers, incl job market paper
• three letters of recommendation submitted directly by the referees
We welcome applicants with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We regard gender equality and diversity as strengths and assets.
Lund University is one of the largest and oldest universities in Scandinavia. It was founded in 1666 and is repeatedly ranked among the world’s top 100 universities. The university is situated in Lund, which is an attractive old university town 10 minutes from Malmö and 40 minutes from Copenhagen.
The Department of Business Administration is one of Sweden’s leading environments for education and research within the business administration field. We conduct active and advanced research in accounting, corporate finance, entrepreneurship, marketing, organization and leadership, research policy, and strategy. The department is one of the largest departments at Lund University, and it is the largest department of the School of Economics and Management. The EQUIS accredited School of Economics and Management is one of eight faculties within Lund University, with activities covering education and research in business administration, business law, economic history, economics, informatics, and statistics, as well as research policy.
Research in Finance at the School of Economics and Management is coordinated within Knut Wicksell's Centre for Financial Sciences (KWC). KWC is a consortium between the School of Economics and Management in Lund and the Research Institute of Industrial Economics (IFN) in Stockholm. KWC is a very active research environment that currently consists of ten professors, eleven senior lecturers, six post docs, ten PhD students, and eleven affiliated researchers, including three guest professors.
For further information on:
• Lund University: www.lunduniversity.lu.se
• School of Economics and Management: www.lusem.lu.se
• Department of Business Administration: www.fek.lu.se/en
• Knut Wicksell Centre for Financial Studies: www.lusem.lu.se/kwc
This position has closed. Applications are no longer accepted.