Postdoctoral Research Fellowship in Economics
Title: Postdoctoral Research Fellowship in Economics
- Employer: CEMFI (CEMFI)
- Location: Spain
- Position Type: Post-Doc
- Deadline: Mar 14, 2018
- Job Description:
The research project "Economic Development and Structural Transformation" (EDST), funded with a Starting Grant by the European Research Council (ERC) is recruiting one Postdoctoral Researcher with a PhD in Economics, with outstanding commitment to research and prior research experience in the areas of International Trade, Economic Development or Labor Economics. The ERC project studies the process of labor and capital reallocation across regions and sectors which characterizes the development process. The Principal Investigator of the project is Paula Bustos (http://www.cemfi.es/~bustos/). The position will be located at CEMFI, in Madrid, Spain, and can be filled for 2 to 3 years, starting in September 2018.
Duties: successful candidates are expected to
- further their own research agenda
- participate in the activities of the research project (seminars and workshops)
- contribute to the activities of the research group in the form of research assistance, joint research, and research guidance to graduate students, comparable to a light teaching load
- no teaching duties are involved
Requirements: candidates must have
- a PhD in Economics by the time of appointment or soon after
- good command of written and spoken English
- prior outstanding own research in the areas of International Trade, Economic Development or Labor Economics.
- experience in the empirical analysis of micro data
Candidates should submit a curriculum vitae, a statement of purpose, two reference letters, and at least one research paper via http://www.econjobmarket.org, preferably by March 14, 2018. Applications will be accepted until the positions are filled or the search is closed. CEMFI website: https://www.cemfi.es.
This position has closed. Applications are no longer accepted.