Retirement Policy Manager
Title: Retirement Policy Manager
- Employer: Laura and John Arnold Foundation (Public Accountability)
- Location: United States
- Position Type: Other Non-Academic
- Deadline: May 21, 2018
- Job Description:
The Laura and John Arnold Foundation (LJAF) is a private foundation whose core objective is to improve the lives of individuals by strengthening our social, governmental, and economic systems.
Position: Retirement Policy Manager
Salary: Competitive salary based on qualifications plus benefits
Location: Washington, D.C.
LJAF’s Retirement Policy team works to ensure that our nation’s retirement systems are affordable and sustainable, and that they provide adequate retirement security. We are seeking to add a Manager to our team to support implementation of LJAF’s philanthropic investment plan by providing timely content development, research, data analysis, and strategic assessment of new, high-leverage opportunities within the sector. This individual will report directly to the Director of Retirement Policy.
• Perform original research, environmental scans, and literature reviews on retirement policy topics to support strategy development for Retirement Policy team;
• Collaborate with the Retirement Policy’s leadership team to identify, explore, and evaluate new philanthropic investment opportunities;
• Present potential investment opportunities and recommendations to the Retirement Policy team’s leadership and LJAF’s Board of Directors;
• Manage and track grants approved by LJAF’s Board, which will include working with grantees and partners to develop strategic plans, establish performance metrics, and monitor progress and impact;
• Build and manage relationships with current and potential grantees and contractors;
• Support, develop, an manage relationships with government officials, researchers, foundation officials, practitioners, and other stakeholders; and
• Draft and review documents, such as funding proposals, issue briefs, research summaries, and annual reports, for the Retirement Policy team’s leadership and LJAF’s Board of Directors.
Essential Skills, Experience, and Qualities:
• Passion for LJAF’s mission, motivated and energized by creating positive social change
• Makes things happen, does not wait for the invitation, assumes personal ownership, rolls up sleeves and does whatever it takes to get things done
• Collaborative, solicits and values multiple perspectives, shares knowledge, and partners with all stakeholders to make change
• Able to deal with ambiguity, thrives in rapidly evolving environment
• Flexible and agile, responsive to feedback, open to changing direction, focuses on continuous improvement and innovation
• Unquestionable integrity, earns unwavering trust, meets commitments, and has direct conversations
• Intellectual curiosity, seeks to understand
• Exceptional organizational skills and ability to effectively prioritize projects, work simultaneously on multiple projects, and meet deadlines; and
• Ability to understand and analyze complex policy and research questions.
Education and Experience:
• Undergraduate degree required; advanced degree(s) preferred in a relevant field such as business, public policy, public administration, actuarial science, law, or economics; and
• At least three years of relevant work experience.
If you are interested in this position, please send a cover letter, resume, two writing samples, and contact information for three references to email@example.com. Please indicate in the subject line of the email that the application is for the position of Retirement Policy Manager. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
To apply, log into Econ Job Market here.