PhD Summer Internship
Title: PhD Summer Internship
- Employer: Banco de Mexico (Direccion General de Investigacion Economica)
- Location: Mexico
- Position Type: Other Academic
- Deadline: Apr 30, 2018
- Job Description:
The Directorate General of Economic Research of Banco de México, through its Summer Internship Program, aims to attract Ph.D. students in Economics and/or Finance in order to carry out research work in these fields.
Candidates must submit the following documents via EconJobMarket.
- Resume specifying current state of their Ph.D. studies.
- Academic recommendation letter from a professor familiar with the candidate’s research and/or academic performance (include name, telephone, and email address of the recommender).
- List of three research topics in which the candidate has a particular interest.
- Additionally, as support material, it is recommended to include any current or finish articles (e.g. a thesis chapter, coursework, a publication, etc.).
- The deadline for submission is April 30, 2018.
- Selected candidates will be informed before May 18, 2018.
- The program has a maximum duration of two months, and usually takes place between June and August. The specific dates of the internship may be agreed with the Bank of Mexico, provided it does not exceed two months.
Successful applicants will sign a professional service contract with Banco de México, with a maximum duration of two months. They will receive to this effect a maximum compensation before taxes of up to US$ 6,500.00, that will be paid under the conditions established by the Bank when a contract is signed. The referred amount includes:
- US$ 2,500 per month for research work. If exceptionally a contract term of less than two months is agreed, the number of calendar days of the stay will be paid proportionally, for which the monthly amount will be divided by 30.
- Up to US$ 1,500 for a round trip in economy class departing from an airport near the place where the candidate currently studies.
- Selected candidates must submit any documentation that is required from them by Banco de México. If the prevailing tax rules require it, candidates will have to be registered in the Federal Taxpayers Registry (RFC) of the Tax Administration Service (SAT) in Mexico. Taxes are calculated based on total paid amount (fees and airfare) and, if applicable, Banco de México will withhold what is required under applicable laws in Mexico.
Please address your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, log into Econ Job Market here.