Employer: CEMFI, CEMFI
Field(s) of specialization:
Deadline: 26 Sep 2018
CEMFI invites application for one or two research assistant positions to work in the project “Leaders, Ideology, and Collective Action”. Candidates should have a Bachelors or Master in Economics or related disciplines, prior experience with data analysis, and strong interest in research in applied microeconomics. The Principal Investigator of the project is Professor Monica Martinez-Bravo (http://www.cemfi.es/~martinez-bravo). The position will be based at CEMFI, in Madrid, one of the leading graduate schools in Economics in Europe.
Research Assistant Roles and Responsibilities:
- Coordinating data collection from different administrative datasets.
- Managing all aspects related to outsourcing tasks to data-entry companies and freelancers.
- Doing basic data-entry.
- Quality testing of primary data collection.
- Cleaning datasets and conducting basic statistic and econometric analysis.
- Assisting the principal investigator in other aspects of the project.
Desired Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in economics, social sciences, mathematics, statistics, public policy, or related fields.
- Excellent management and organizational skills.
- Meticulous, organized, and detailed oriented.
- Strong quantitative skills.
- Excellent knowledge of Excel and intermediate knowledge of Stata.
- Flexible, self-motivating, independent and able to manage multiple tasks efficiently.
- Proficient in English.
- Strong interests in academic research.
- Able to legally work in the European Union.
- Full-time position. Preferably someone that can work flexible hours.
- The job will be based in CEMFI in Madrid, but working from other locations can be considered.
- Duration: 3 months, starting in October 2018. Possible extension to 1 extra year.
- Competitive Salary