Postdoctoral Fellow in Collective Intelligence
Title: Postdoctoral Fellow in Collective Intelligence
- Employer: Geisinger Health System (Head Office)
- Location: United States
- Position Type: Other Non-Academic
- Deadline: Sep 10, 2017
- Job Description:
Professor Christopher Chabris is seeking an outstanding researcher for a position as a Postdoctoral Research Fellow at Geisinger Health System. The postdoc will carry out behavioral science research on collective intelligence. Specific research topics may include, but are not limited to:
- Measuring the collective intelligence of small groups and teams
- Understanding factors that increase, decrease, and correlate with collective intelligence, such as cognitive ability, social ability, and team composition
- Novel applications of crowdsourcing
- Tournaments as collective intelligence mechanisms
- Applications of collective intelligence research to business and government problems
The postdoc will report to Professor Chabris, may collaborate with other researchers across disciplines at Geisinger (and with outside colleagues), and will ideally be based in Lewisburg, Pennsylvania. The postdoc will assist in planning and carrying out web-based surveys, laboratory studies, field studies, and/or archival research, and in analyzing general patterns of responses as well as individual differences in collective intelligence studies. The postdoc will be expected to employ a combination of approaches, from the identification and analysis of existing real-world data sets, to the design and analysis of field or lab intervention studies that collect process and outcome measures. Prof. Chabris is particularly interested in candidates with strong statistical and computational skills. Other duties include contribution to ongoing research projects, preparation of talks and participation in seminars, and drafting reports, grant applications, and papers for publication.
Duration: This is a one-year position with the expectation of renewal for additional years conditional on performance.
To apply: Please send a brief cover letter, C.V., and two representative publications or manuscripts in a single email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include names, titles, and contact information for at least two references. Questions about the position may also be sent to the same address. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
- A Ph.D. (completed by start of employment) in psychology, economics, decision sciences, management, computer science, or any other relevant scientific discipline
- Training in behavioral science research methods, including experimentation and multivariate data analysis
- Experience with statistical software (preferably R, others acceptable)
- Experience with programming (preferably Python, others acceptable)
- Scientific publications
- Experience in interdisciplinary research, working in collaborative teams, and managing research assistants
- Experience with web programming and design
- Experience with econometrics, simulation, and/or computational modeling
This position has closed. Applications are no longer accepted.