Title: Postdoctoral Researcher
- Employer: CEMFI (CEMFI)
- Location: Spain
- Position Type: Post-Doc
- Deadline: Mar 14, 2018
- Job Description:
The research project "Urban dynamics: learning from integrated models and big data" (DYNURBAN), funded with an Advanced Grant by European Research Council (ERC) is recruiting up to two Postdoctoral Researchers with a PhD in Economics, with outstanding commitment to research and prior research experience in the area of Urban Economics.
The Principal Investigator of the project is Diego Puga (https://diegopuga.org). This position is also partially funded by CEMFI's "Maria de Maeztu Unit of Excellence" grant awarded by the Spanish Government. The position(s) will be located at CEMFI, in Madrid, Spain, and can be filled for 6 to 18 months, starting no later than September 2018.
Duties: successful candidates are expected to
- further their own research agenda in the area of Urban Economics
- participate in the activities of the research project (seminars and workshops)
- contribute to the activities of the research group in the form of research assistance, joint research, and research guidance to graduate students, comparable to a light teaching load
- no teaching duties are involved
Requirements: candidates must have
- a PhD in Economics by the time of appointment or soon after
- good command of written and spoken English
- prior outstanding own research in the area of Urban Economics
- experience in the empirical analysis of micro data
Candidates should submit a curriculum vitae, a statement of purpose, two reference letters, and at least one research paper via http://www.econjobmarket.org, preferably by March 14, 2018. Applications will be accepted until the positions are filled or the search is closed. CEMFI website: https://www.cemfi.es.
This position has closed. Applications are no longer accepted.