About The Unit:
The Energy Policy Institute at the University of Chicago (EPIC) produces data-driven research that advances society’s understanding of the global energy challenge and translates research insights into real-world impacts through strategic outreach and training for the next generation of global energy leaders. As the world’s fastest-growing carbon emitter and second most-polluted country, India is central to the global energy challenge. EPIC’s robust team in India works hand-in-hand with government leaders to implement large-scale, pioneering projects that could become models for the rest of the world
EPIC-India is seeking a full-time postdoctoral fellow to lead and contribute to work with Michael Greenstone (faculty director), Fiona Burlig (deputy faculty director), Anant Sudarshan (EPIC Senior Fellow) and other researchers on energy and climate adaptation research projects in India.
· Research priorities will be set in conversation with the Faculty Director, Deputy Faculty Director, and Senior Fellow, but broadly include expanding EPIC-India’s research portfolio with a particular eye towards projects on energy and climate adaptation.
· EPIC will provide time to publish the postdocs’ job market paper and other papers from the PhD that are well on the road to being ready to submit to journals.
· EPIC will support the postdoctoral fellow in pursuing additional independent work relevant to energy and environment in India, especially if this work is supported with external financing.
· The postdoctoral fellow will provide input on EPIC research activities and contribute to public goods, including mentoring PhD students, as required.
· PhD in economics or related field by the start of the position.
· PhD level training in the methods of economics
· Knowledge of and experience with field work in developing countries, preferably including running randomized control trials.
· India research experience and research experience in energy, environment, and climate preferred.
· The postdoctoral fellow will be based at the University of Chicago Centre in Delhi, with opportunities to travel to the field for research as well as to the University of Chicago campus in Hyde Park. Candidates must be willing to travel extensively and flexibly as needed for their respective responsibilities.
· Resume/CV (required)
· Cover Letter (required)
· References Contact Information (3) (required)
· Work sample (required)
All University departments and institutes are charged with building a faculty from a diversity of backgrounds and with diverse viewpoints; with cultivating an inclusive community that values freedom of expression; and with welcoming and supporting all their members.
We seek a diverse pool of applicants who wish to join an academic community that places the highest value on rigorous inquiry and encourages diverse perspectives, experiences, groups of individuals, and ideas to inform and stimulate intellectual challenge, engagement, and exchange. The University’s Statements on Diversity are at https://provost.uchicago.edu/statements-diversity.
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.”
Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-834-3988 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with their request.