The Finance, Accounting and Law department of HEC Liège (University of Liège) is looking for a teaching and research assistant in international finance and sustainable finance.
· Mentor students in international finance and fund industry (in particular ESG regulation and strategy) as well as internships and graduation theses;
· Integrate a dynamic research team and conduct various research in international finance and sustainable finance;
· Enroll in the PhD program;
· Participate in the activities and academic life (e.g., exams, research seminars) of the Department and the School.
Required qualifications and profile
· Hold a 120-credit master's degree in business engineering or management sciences or economics (or equivalent) (with at least honours).
· Demonstrate an undeniable sense of pedagogy, quantitative skills and a taste for research. Be willing to engage in a doctoral project.
· Languages : English and French.
Two-year term, renewable in the event of a positive evaluation
Composition of the application
· letter of application and curriculum vitae to demonstrate and establish experience and/or expertise in international finance and sustainable finance;
· (optional) research project ;
· recommendation letter(s)
Application deadline : August 1, 2021
Applications should be sent by e-mail to Mrs Marie LAMBERT, Professor of Finance & Vice Dean Research, firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also send her an e-mail for any further information.
The candidates selected after examination of the files will be invited to an interview at HEC Liège during the first two weeks of August.
About HEC Liège
HEC Liège is the Management School of the University of Liège (ULiège). Located at the heart of Europe and at the crossing of the major axes of the Euregio, ULiège, as a comprehensive university, is one of the major employers in and around Liège. Its several sites generate over 5,500 direct jobs, i.e. 3,600 lecturers and researchers plus approximately 2,000 management, administrative and technical staff members who altogether meet the day-to-day needs of the institution while addressing the challenges of today's fast-evolving world.
ULiège prides itself on a genuine international dimension. The university is an active partner of a network of over 900 universities promoting the exchange of students, researchers and skills. As one of its faculties, HEC Liège is one of the leading Belgian management schools hosting graduate and postgraduate study programmes. The School counts 110 full-time faculty members and researchers and over 3,200 students, and promotes an empowering pedagogy leading students to play a proactive part in their education. The School's international vision takes a variety of forms: multiple research activities in management and economics, numerous partnerships with worldwide companies and universities, an OpenBordersMBA, an International MBA (Morocco) several programmes in Asia, and growing internationalization of its programmes and faculty. In addition to this, its Executive School's offer of international and multilingual training programmes for companies and managers, makes HEC Liège an important player on the Belgian Executive Education market.
HEC Liège's commitment to and ongoing investment in quality improvement has been recognized through the international Accreditations AACSB and EQUIS (delivered by EFMD), for the excellence of its programmes, Faculty, student support, research, involvement within its economic context, Alumni network (15,500 worldwide) and overall organization. To date, HEC Liège is the single full management school in Belgium (from Bachelor to PhD) holding this double accreditation. The School, as well, is a member of the Conférence des Grandes Ecoles (French).
Working at HEC Liège means being part of a Business School with a truly European identity. Lying at the heart of a metropolis − easily accessible by air and rail, within an hour's drive from Brussels and four from Paris, Frankfurt and London, the School shares in the ardent city's bustling economic and cultural institutions. For being affiliated to several international research and teaching networks connecting with more than 150 partner universities, it naturally encourages its lecturers and researchers to continually develop their expertise internationally.
HEC Liège offers a dynamic and entrepreneurial research and teaching environment. Each professor conducts his or her research program independently. Numerous sources of funding (internal and external) exist and give (assistant) professors the opportunity to create their own research team and to supervise doctoral students as soon as they join HEC Liège. Each professor is also responsible for the content and methodology of his or her teaching. The time allocation between the various activities is 40% for research, 40% for teaching and 20% for community service. In the early years of the appointment, the 20% of service is limited, which gives the professor the opportunity to further develop his or her research and teaching program.
HEC Liège emphasizes the human dimension of its work environment, the regional anchoring of its community service missions, the managerial relevance of its teaching and its applied research projects, let alone its fruitful inter-faculty partnerships.
HEC Liège upholds respect, tolerance, congeniality, diversity and social responsibility. It is committed to the well-being of its members and to environmental protection.
Last but not least, HEC Liège's modern and expanding campus within a city renowned for its friendliness and hospitality makes it a great place to live and work. Here are some of its assets: an excellent and cost-friendly real estate market, high quality schools offering almost free education in the School's immediate vicinity, well-developed public transport, abundant sports and leisure facilities. Not to forget Liège's excellent cultural life for being home to the Royal Opera of Wallonia, the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra and a variety of renowned museums, theatres etc., or its country's enviable standard of living and development.
To apply, send a message to email@example.com. (See posting for details.)
The School of Economics at the University of Maine is reviewing graduate applications for Fall 2021. We offer Master's degrees in Economics (MS and MA), Resource Economics & Policy (MS), and Financial Economics (MA). We also advise students in the MS and PhD programs in the Ecology and Environmental Science program and in the dual-degree Global Policy and Economics Master's program. High-qualified applicants are eligible for an assistantship package that includes tuition, some health insurance assistance, and a generous stipend. We have teaching and research assistantships available for a Fall 2021 start. Our graduate students gain valuable research experience on a variety of projects, they find great jobs after graduation, and some go on to pursue a Ph.D. elsewhere. While we review applications on a rolling basis, applicants interested in assistantships should submit their applications by January 15, 2021.
Learn more about the School of Economics:
To apply, visit https://umaine.edu/graduate/apply/. (See posting for details.)
CEMFI invites application for one research assistant position to work in the project “The Labor Market Returns to Dual Vocational Education”. Candidates should have a Master’s degree in economics or be about to obtain one, prior experience with data analysis, and a strong interest in research in labor economics. The Principal Investigator of the project is Professor Samuel Bentolila (https://sites.google.com/view/samuel-bentolila-home). The position will be based at CEMFI, in Madrid, one of the leading graduate schools in economics in Europe.
Research Assistant Roles and Responsibilities:
· Cleaning datasets and conducting basic statistic and econometric analysis.
· Assisting the principal investigator and his team in other aspects of the project.
Desired Qualifications and Experience:
· Master's degree in economics, mathematics, statistics, data science, or related fields. Candidates who are about to obtain one of these degrees are also eligible.
· Meticulous, organized, and detailed oriented.
· Strong quantitative skills.
· Excellent knowledge of Stata. Knowledge of R will also be valued.
· Flexible, self-motivating, independent, and able to manage multiple tasks efficiently.
· Proficient in English.
· Strong interest in academic research.
· Previous experience as research assistant will be highly valued.
· Able to legally work in the European Union.
· Full-time position. Preferably someone who can work flexible hours.
· The job will be based in CEMFI in Madrid, but working from Barcelona may be required during part of the project.
· Duration: 1 September 2021 to 31 August 2022. It may be extended to the end of 2022.
· Salary: 30.000 €/year, gross remuneration.
Candidates should apply via econjobmarket before 30 June 2021. Candidates should submit: (a) curriculum vitae; (b) short statement of purpose describing reasons for interest in this position and future career plans; (c) two letters of reference; (d) transcripts from master degree; and (e) writing sample if available (e.g. master thesis).To apply for this position, log in and choose your Applicant role (or, if you have no account, create one).
* The date by which applications should be submitted to be given full consideration by the recruiter (e.g. the date the recruiter will start reviewing applications and selecting candidates for interview).