Employer: Research Division, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis
90 Hennepin Ave, Minneapolis, MN, 55401, United States
Field(s) of specialization:
Application deadline: 15 Jan 2020
Posting end date: 15 Jan 2020
The Opportunity and Inclusive Growth Institute is a research initiative housed within the Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis. It supports the Federal Reserve's mandate to ensure maximum employment by conducting and promoting research into how to ensure full participation in a well-functioning economy by all American households. Institute Research Economists are expected to conduct independent research and to support Institute operations.
Specific duties include:
- Originate and direct specific research projects on topics related to Institute focus areas, including but not limited to distribution in the national economy, impacts of economic policies, growth and development of economic regions, labor markets, individual or household welfare/wellbeing, or related subject areas.
- Publish research papers on economic topics in leading economics research journals.
- As assigned by the Director, oversee and advance one or more core Institute activities (e.g. policy briefs, conference organization, community research partnerships, data distribution, visiting scholars activities, etc.).
- If assigned, analyze and interpret a range of information drawing on data and potentially broad social science research as a basis for evaluating policy alternatives relevant to the Bank's policy mission, and provide analyses to management.
- PhD in Economics completed or expected by August 2020
- 2+ years relevant experience preferred, more for Senior Institute Research Economist position
- Level (senior) / salary commensurate with experience
- Cover letter describing interest and fit with the Institute (approximately one page)
- Current CV
- Recent academic paper on Institute-related topic (upload or provide link)
- References may be requested
Application deadline is January 15, 2020. Employment is expected to begin July, 2020, but start date is flexible.