CEMFI invites application for one research assistant position to work in the project “Political Consequences of the COVID-19 crisis”. Candidates should have a Bachelors or Master in Economics or be about to obtain one, prior experience with data analysis, and strong interest in research in applied microeconomics. The Principal Investigator of the project is Professor Monica Martinez-Bravo (http://www.cemfi.es/~martinez-bravo). The position will be based at CEMFI, in Madrid, one of the leading graduate schools in Economics in Europe. However, the work can be done remotely.
Research Assistant Roles and Responsibilities:
· Managing all aspects related to outsourcing tasks to data collection to companies and freelancers.
· Quality testing of primary data collection.
· Cleaning datasets and conducting basic statistic and econometric analysis.
· Assisting the principal investigator in other aspects of the project.
Desired Qualifications and Experience:
· Bachelor's or Master's degree in economics, social sciences, mathematics, statistics, public policy, or related fields. Candidates about to obtain one of these degrees are also eligible.
· Excellent management and organizational skills.
· Meticulous, organized, and detailed oriented.
· Strong quantitative skills.
· Excellent knowledge of Excel and Stata.
· Flexible, self-motivating, independent and able to manage multiple tasks efficiently.
· Proficient in English.
· Strong interests in academic research.
· Previous experience as research assistant will be highly valued
· Able to legally work in the European Union
· Full-time position. Preferably someone that can work flexible hours.
· The job will be based in CEMFI in Madrid, but working from other locations can be considered.
· Duration: July 1st 2029 to July 31st 2020
· Salary: 950 €/month, gross salary.
Candidates should apply via econjobmarket before June 9 th, 2020. Candidates should submit a curriculum vitae; a short statement of purpose describing reasons for interest in this position and future career plans; contact details of two recommenders (recommendations would only be solicited for finalists); transcript from bachelors or masters; and writing sample (undergraduate or master thesis) if available.