CHINA-ASEAN INSTITUTE OF FINANCIAL COOPERATION (CAIFC)
Assistant/Associate/Full Professor in Finance
1. Applicants in all areas of finance are invited to apply.
2. Applicants should hold a Ph.D. degree in finance, economics, or related fields, or expect to receive one by August 2021.
3. Our search is open for all ranks: Assistant, Associate, and Full Professors. Applicants for the Assistant Professor position should exhibit high potential in research and teaching, and applicants for the Associate and Full Professor positions should have demonstrated excellence in academic research (as evidenced by publications in top-tier academic journals) and teaching. We also consider hiring seasoned Assistant Professors with a strong pipeline.
- Commit to high-quality research and publish research articles in top-tier international academic journals
- Carry out effective teaching of undergraduate and postgraduate courses
- Provide rank-appropriate services
Compensation package is commensurate with applicants’ qualifications, experiences, and responsibilities, including highly competitive salary, research support, relocation allowance, and standard fringe benefits. In addition, the Nanning City and Wuxiang New District offer various talent programs (e.g., generous monetary and tax subsidies) which may be applicable to our incoming professors.
We use Econ Job Market (EJM) to administer the hiring process. If you do not have an account with EJM, please use the following link to create one.
A complete application package must include the following items:
- Cover letter
- Evidence of teaching effectiveness (if applicable)
- Job market paper or representative publications/working papers
- Three confidential reference letters
Apply by December 15, 2020 to be considered for an interview during the 2021 AFA Annual Meeting on January 3-5, 2021. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, interviews will be held online. Detailed information about the interview procedure will be provided to interviewees before the AFA Annual Meeting.
China-ASEAN Institute of Financial Cooperation (CAIFC) was established by the government of the Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region in accordance with the policy directives approved by the State Council of the PRC to promote financial cooperation between China and ASEAN countries (China-ASEAN Strategic Partnership Vision 2030). CAIFC aims to build a world-class research and advanced learning institution, a high-end finance think tank, an incubator of finance innovations, and a multilateral platform of financial cooperation.
Located in Nanning, the capital city of the Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region, CAIFC collaborates with Guangxi University to offer various degree programs, including Bachelor’s, Master’s, and PhD degrees in finance. In addition, CAIFC offers non-degree education and training programs for corporate executives, business professionals, and government officials. Our campus includes a brand new 10,000-square-meter state-of-art building in the Wuxiang New District, which is equipped with cutting-edge technologies for modern business education and related functions.
Nanning is a beautiful city in southern China, the permanent host city of China-ASEAN Expo (CAEXPO), and China’s strategic gateway to ASEAN. Wuxiang is a newly developed district of Nanning (similar to Pudong in Shanghai), designed as the hub of corporate headquarters and financial service firms as well as an important platform for China-ASEAN cooperation.
Tel: +86 771- 3186687,