Advertiser: Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis
Field(s) of specialization:
Research Assistant, Research Assistant (Pre-Doc)
Location of job:
1 Federal Reserve Bank Plaza, St. Louis, Mo, 63102, United States
Job start date:
Target date for applications: 15 Jan 2021
Current search status: Position filled
Posting end date: 31 Jan 2021
Interviews will be conducted remotely by video
starting January, 2021.
The St. Louis Fed hires several Research Associates each year. We begin accepting applications in September 2020. For this round we will hold interviews in January and February, and extend offers on a rolling basis for start dates in the Spring/Summer of 2021.
Visit https://research.stlouisfed.org/RAjobs/ for a detailed overview of the RA position.
What are the day-to-day activities?
- Perform statistical, econometric, computational and analytical research that economists can use for publication in academic journals.
- Utilize statistical packages such as Stata, SAS, R, Matlab, Fortran, Python and C++.
- Collect, organize and interpret economic and financial data.
- Review academic journals, market sources and government reports.
- Write short articles or assist economists in developing short articles and presentations on current economic and financial conditions and policy issues.
- Attend to additional assignments, including gathering and organizing survey data and anecdotal information and summarizing economic data for the Beige Book.
- A GPA of 3.5 or above
- Bachelor’s degree economics, econometrics, or quantitative economics
- Strong background in mathematics and statistics, including coursework in Calculus II, Econometrics, Linear Algebra, and Differential equations
- Previous economic research experience, such as undergraduate research assistant, research-related internship or independent research project.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must submit the documents requested below:
NOTE: Applications will not be considered without all of these materials.
For questions or concerns, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ranked as a Top Workplace, the Federal Reserve Bank of St Louis is committed to building an inclusive workplace, where employees’ diversity—in age, gender, race and ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, as well as cultural traditions, religion, life experiences, education and socioeconomic backgrounds—are recognized as a strength. Embracing our diversity encourages employees to bring their valued perspectives to the table when generating ideas and solving problems and promotes an environment where innovation and excellence thrive. Learn more about the Bank and its culture; check out our Careers Site.