Who we are:
We are competition experts who bridge law and economics, academia and practice, as well as business and enforcement.
Thanks to our academic backgrounds, our experience in the European Commission and other enforcement agencies, as well as training in EU Competition Law, we are able to effectively place rigorous economic reasoning within the appropriate legal framework.
Our consultants are able to communicate complex economic concepts in a clear and efficient manner to companies, lawyers and regulators.
Our thorough knowledge of EU antitrust procedures allows us to propose creative and pragmatic solutions to the most challenging competition issues.
About the role:
As part of a “human scale” team, you will get the opportunity to make a significant difference to our casework from day one. You will be joining us at either our Brussels headquarters at the heart of the European competition affairs or at our Warsaw office if you are fluent in Polish.
We offer you the opportunity to work with leading competition economists, with experience in handling stimulating and intellectually challenging cases from a wide range of practice areas.
You will be part of a young, motivated and inclusive team that takes pride in approaching cases with precision, creativity and know-how. As an Economist, you will contribute to understanding the challenges faced by the client, researching innovative approaches to economic questions and presenting complex findings in an understandable and structured manner.
You will be expected to work independently, demonstrating critical thinking and actively participating in all aspects of a case. You will also begin managing work streams and teams.
Who we look for:
- You enjoy working with people, you have a positive can-do attitude and you are ready to actively engage with your colleagues.
- You are passionate about economics.
- You love conceptual issues and working with data.
- You are ready to bring on board your excellent analytical skills and intellectual curiosity.
- You are able to propose creative solutions to complex challenges.
- You have a positive attitude to new tasks and learning.
- You hold a PhD in Economics, Econometrics or Statistics or an MSc in Economics or other related fields from a leading institution and a few years (4-5 years) of experience working in competition economics.
- You have excellent skills in statistics and econometrics and a good knowledge of theoretical and empirical microeconomics and industrial organization.
- You can draft and communicate effectively in English, in a clear and straightforward manner. A very good knowledge of other languages is a great additional asset for our team as we handle casework in many jurisdictions.
- You are able to demonstrate your skills with a track record of publications, working papers, policy briefs and others.
- You can efficiently conduct empirical analysis in Stata and/or R.
Senior Economist positions are available to those with a PhD and 4-5 years of relevant consulting experience.
We will consider applications on a rolling basis.
Your daily tasks will include:
- Proposing specific methodologies;
- Adjusting the methodologies to fit the available data and facts of the case;
- Performing complex economic analyses;
- Drawing conclusions from analyses;
- Drafting analytical parts of reports;
- Controlling the quality of work of analysts and interns;
- Determining the specific approach and methodology of the project, taking into account facts of the case, availability of data and information;
- Coordinating desk research efforts.
What we offer:
- A unique opportunity to work with top international law firms, government bodies and academics on some of the most interesting cases of all time.
- We offer you the opportunity to work with leading competition experts, with experience in handling stimulating and intellectually challenging casework from a wide range of practice areas.
- Challenging tasks that make a real contribution to competition cases and policy debates.
- The opportunity to work with an international team, with a broad range of backgrounds and experiences.
- We offer the opportunity to work with leading competition experts, with experience in handling stimulating and intellectually challenging casework from a wide range of practice areas.
- A supportive, collaborative and inclusive team encouraging your valuable participation.
- You will be part of a young, motivated and inclusive team that takes pride in approaching cases with precision, creativity and know-how.
- A cheerful workplace based on respect, kindness and positive leadership.
- Opportunities to participate in training programs, conferences and competition workshops.
- Attractive remuneration and a broad package of additional benefits.