CEMFI invites application for one research assistant position to work in the project “The Labor Market Returns to Dual Vocational Education”. Candidates should have a Master’s degree in economics or be about to obtain one, prior experience with data analysis, and a strong interest in research in labor economics. The Principal Investigator of the project is Professor Samuel Bentolila (https://sites.google.com/view/samuel-bentolila-home). The position will be based at CEMFI, in Madrid, one of the leading graduate schools in economics in Europe.
Research Assistant Roles and Responsibilities:
· Cleaning datasets and conducting basic statistic and econometric analysis.
· Assisting the principal investigator and his team in other aspects of the project.
Desired Qualifications and Experience:
· Master's degree in economics, mathematics, statistics, data science, or related fields. Candidates who are about to obtain one of these degrees are also eligible.
· Meticulous, organized, and detailed oriented.
· Strong quantitative skills.
· Excellent knowledge of Stata. Knowledge of R will also be valued.
· Flexible, self-motivating, independent, and able to manage multiple tasks efficiently.
· Proficient in English.
· Strong interest in academic research.
· Previous experience as research assistant will be highly valued.
· Able to legally work in the European Union.
· Full-time position. Preferably someone who can work flexible hours.
· The job will be based in CEMFI in Madrid, but working from Barcelona may be required during part of the project.
· Duration: 1 September 2021 to 31 August 2022. It may be extended to the end of 2022.
· Salary: 30.000 €/year, gross remuneration.
Candidates should apply via econjobmarket before 30 June 2021. Candidates should submit: (a) curriculum vitae; (b) short statement of purpose describing reasons for interest in this position and future career plans; (c) two letters of reference; (d) transcripts from master degree; and (e) writing sample if available (e.g. master thesis).