A Lecturer position in the Department of Economics, delivering undergraduate and postgraduate teaching and contributing to the research environment.
The Department of Economics is part of the School of Politics, Economics, and International Relations (SPEIR). The School and the Department have an established reputation for inter-disciplinary research, and members are collaborating with colleagues from schools across the university. Further information on the Department and its people and activities may be found at our website, http://www.reading.ac.uk/economics/.
SPEIR is a sociable, supportive, and well-resourced school. More information on the Department’s research activity can be found on our research website: https://research.reading.ac.uk/economics/
We actively encourage applications from women and other minority groups currently under-represented in the Department and the wider academic Economics profession.
To be considered, applicants must follow BOTH of these two steps before the closing date:
Main duties and responsibilities
The post-holder will be expected to:
· Carry out excellent research, submit grant applications, join one of the Department’s research clusters, and organise seminars, conferences and other events.
· Convene modules on the Department’s undergraduate and/or postgraduate taught programmes.
· Participate in the School’s teaching and learning administrative and managerial responsibilities.
· Undertake some administrative/outreach/widening participation duties within the School.
· Achieve Associate Fellow status of the Higher Education Academy, or equivalent.
· Develop and apply effective teaching methods, materials and assessment techniques, while being conscious of culture, equality and diversity.
· Support and encourage students’academic, personal and professional development, particularly through the Academic Tutor role.
· Supervise students’ projects/dissertations, including PhD supervision.