Advertiser: Department of Economics, Università di Bologna (University of Bologna)
Field(s) of specialization:
Environmental; Ag. Econ.
- Behavioral Economics
- Decision Sciences
Location of job:
Department of Economics - University of Bologna, via San Giacomo 3 - 40126 Bologna, Bologna, BO, 40126, Italy
Job start date:
Letters of reference required: 2
Target date for applications: 8 Dec 2021
31 Mar 2022 midnight UTC
(no longer accepting applications
Current search status: Reviewing applications
Posting end date: 30 Apr 2022
Interviews will be conducted remotely by video
starting December, 2021.
The Department of Economics of the University of Bologna is currently inviting applications for a postdoctoral researcher position to work on ‘Climate-related behavioural economics and finance’.
We are looking for candidates working at the intersection between behavioural economics/finance and climate/transition economics. The postholder will participate in the activities of the SMOOTH research project (Sustainable Finance for a Smooth Low-Carbon Transition: https://site.unibo.it/smooth/en), which aims at improving the understanding of how expectations, sentiments and cognitive biases affect the carbon intensity of physical and financial investments.
The features of the ideal candidate include:
- A Ph.D. in Economics, Finance, Behavioural Sciences or any other field relevant to the call;
- Familiarity with both behavioural economics/finance and climate/transition economics;
- Demonstrable experience in conducting independent academic research;
- Experience in publishing in high-impact journals or clear potential to do so;
- Experience with working as part of a project team;
- International work and study experience;
- Excellent ability in writing and speaking in English.
The position will last two years, with the option of extending it for the third year. The gross annual salary is 35,000 €. The salary is exempt of taxation but subject to pension contributions. The monthly net salary is approximately equal to 2,583 €. We expect the postholder to be based in Bologna. The knowledge of the Italian language is welcome but not a prerequisite.
Please, consider that applications will be reviewed on a regular basis and the position will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is found. We thus suggest early applications.