CEMFI invites application for one research assistant position to work in the project “The Labor Market Returns to Dual Vocational Education”. Candidates should have a Master’s degree in economics or be about to obtain one, prior experience with data analysis, and a strong interest in research in labor economics. The Principal Investigator of the project is Professor Samuel Bentolila (https://sites.google.com/view/samuel-bentolila-home). The position will be based at CEMFI, in Madrid, one of the leading graduate schools in economics in Europe.
Research Assistant Roles and Responsibilities:
· Cleaning datasets and conducting basic statistic and econometric analysis.
· Assisting the principal investigator and his team in other aspects of the project.
Desired Qualifications and Experience:
· Master's degree in economics, mathematics, statistics, data science, or related fields. Candidates who are about to obtain one of these degrees are also eligible.
· Meticulous, organized, and detailed oriented.
· Strong quantitative skills.
· Excellent knowledge of Stata. Knowledge of R will also be valued.
· Flexible, self-motivating, independent, and able to manage multiple tasks efficiently.
· Proficient in English.
· Strong interest in academic research.
· Previous experience as research assistant will be highly valued.
· Able to legally work in the European Union.
· Full-time position.
· The job will be based in CEMFI in Madrid.
· Duration: 1 September 2022 to 31 August 2023.
· Salary: 31,500 €/year, gross remuneration.
CEMFI recognizes the positive value of diversity and particularly encourages applications from women and candidates with underrepresented demographics regarding disability, gender identity, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, or other characteristics.