Advertiser: Chamber of Progress
Field(s) of specialization:
Location of job:
Job start date:
31 Aug 2022 midnight UTC
Posting end date: 31 Aug 2022
Interviews will be conducted remotely by video
starting September, 2022.
About Chamber of Progress
Chamber of Progress is a center-left tech industry association working to make sure that all Americans benefit from technological leaps. We advocate for technology’s progressive future by supporting thoughtful public policies at the local, state, and federal levels and in the courts.
Chamber of Progress is looking for a Senior Economist to analyze the economic impact of proposed regulations on consumers and families – spanning technology policy, financial policy, and civic innovation policy. The Senior Economist will apply their analysis to advocacy for or against proposed regulation at the federal, state, and local levels.
- Research, write, and publish analyses on the potential economic impact of proposed technology and innovation regulations and legislation on consumers, families, workers, and industry innovation.
- Focus on “pocketbook economic analysis” of the impact of proposed rules on consumers and voters.
- Analyze the economic implications of regulations in technology policy (antitrust, content moderation, privacy, e-commerce); financial policy (cryptocurrency, fintech); and civic innovation (autonomous vehicles, delivery, housing, transportation, workforce, sharing economy.)
- Represent the organization’s work before corporate partners, policymakers, press, and other stakeholders at industry events, public hearings, conferences, and coalition meetings.
- Establish Chamber of Progress as a trusted source of economic analysis in the tech policy space.
- Work with outside researchers to turn research products into Chamber of Progress branded collateral (e.g., slide decks, pamphlets, reports) for use in meetings, during events, and publication on Chamber of Progress’s website and blog.
- Master’s degree or higher in economics (PhD preferred)
- At least twelve years of experience analyzing the potential economic impact of proposed regulations
- Experience with technology and innovation policy issues
- Proven ability to convey complex information in a concise, clear, and conversational manner
- Outstanding writing abilities–must be a creative, succinct, and fast writer
- Creative and strategic thinker in using economic research to address policy issues
- Strong organizational skills
Compensation and Benefits
The Senior Economist role is a full-time exempt position with a starting salary between $140,000 - $160,000 annually. Though Chamber of Progress is based in the Washington, DC area, remote candidates in the continental United States are encouraged to apply. Please note that visa sponsorship is not available.
Chamber of Progress provides an excellent benefits package to all of its full-time employees including:
- A 401(k) retirement program with 4% employer matching;
- Employer subsidized medical, dental, and vision insurance;
- 15 days of vacation in the first year of employment;
- 8 paid holidays per year plus the week between Christmas Eve and New Years Day;
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave.
Chamber of Progress is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce at all levels of the organization. We value and encourage the contributions of our employees and strive to create an environment where everyone can reach their full potential. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. This applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits, and termination.