The Department of Economics of the PUCP, within the framework of the Program to Attract Young Full-Time Professors (Tenure Track), opens its call for three (3) full-time Professor vacancies for August 2023 aimed at young professionals in Economics who have a Doctorate degree (PhD) and experience in documented research. Likewise, they must be interested in developing a teaching career line and be committed to the institutional mission of the University. Candidates must demonstrate the ability to produce high-quality research and must have completed their doctoral thesis or be in the final stage of their doctorate. Hired professors are expected to provide academic leadership in the Department of Economics at PUCP.
PUCP is a private, non-profit, liberal education-oriented, research-driven university developing rapidly into a center for serious scholarship. Since its inception in 1917, the University has made strides through global collaborative research, contextual and flexible curriculum, project-based learning, and industry linkages; thus offering a unique learning environment and opportunity. More information about the Department of Economics of PUCP is available at https://departamento.pucp.edu.pe/economia/. The Department was created in August 1969 and since then, its team of professors has been characterized both by its teaching work and by its permanent dedication to the investigation of relevant issues for society and the Peruvian economy. More information regarding PUCP is available at https://www.pucp.edu.pe/.
Interested candidates may send application materials to email@example.com by submitting the following:
1. Letter of interest (in English or Spanish) of a maximum of five (5) pages, indicating the field(s) of application (according to JEL classification).
2. Statement of teaching philosophy.
3. Statement of research philosophy.
4. Copy of the Doctorate diploma, or letter indicating that you will have it on the date of signing the contract.
5. Updated resume.
6. Job Market Paper, clearly marked as such.
7. Academic production (publications and working documents), indicating the two most representative publications.
8. Three (3) letters of reference addressed directly to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. It is desirable that the candidates have had teaching experience, which must be endorsed by the results of the teaching evaluations.
Application deadline: December 30, 2022
The PUCP recognizes the positive value of diversity and particularly encourages applications from women and candidates with underrepresented demographics regarding disability, gender identity, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, or other characteristics.
Bases can be downloaded at https://files.pucp.education/profesor/2022/09/07192611/Bases-TT-Economia-INGLES-1.pdf
To apply, send a message to email@example.com. (See posting for details.)