The Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics (AREC) at the University of Arizona is seeking applicants for an Assistant Research Professor (non-tenure-track) position to conduct research related to environmental economics, development economics, and issues of climate change adaptation. This is a fiscal (12-month), full-time appointment funded in part through the Arizona Initiative for Resilience and International Development (AIRID).
The ideal candidate will demonstrate evidence of excellence in research in the field of economics, or a closely-related discipline, with some experience in the design, execution, or analysis of impact evaluations. The successful candidate will develop and maintain a portfolio of resilience-related research projects. There are no teaching responsibilities. The successful candidate will actively pursue extramural funding in support of research. Candidates should have the ability to work effectively within a broadly diverse community of students, scholars, and stakeholders. The University of Arizona is an equal opportunity employer, and the department strongly encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply.
- Ph.D. in environmental, agricultural, and/or applied economics, economics, or closely related discipline.
- Experience with and commitment to contributing to an inclusive, diverse, and collegial community.
- Background in environmental issues in international development contexts.
- Experience with augmenting existing research with work on climate change adaptation and resilience.
- Experience with and ability to conduct research in an interdisciplinary setting.
Applicants should submit:
Application review will begin 1 May 2023.