The Bradley Policy Research Center housed at the Simon Business School, University of Rochester, is seeking one Postdoctoral Associate position in Economics & Management effective July 1, 2024. The prospective candidate will join an active group of researchers interested in a wide range of policy-relevant topics in economics and management, including antitrust economics and regulation, digital economics, health care markets, labor economics, and financial markets.
• The Simon Business School is one of the nation’s top business schools, with full-time M.B.A., M.S., Undergraduate, and Ph.D. programs, a part-time M.B.A. program, and Executive M.B.A. programs in Rochester and Switzerland.
• The Simon School’s generous research support provides many opportunities for conducting research, and its small size leads to an atmosphere of strong collegial interaction in both teaching and research.
• Three leading journals—the Journal of Accounting and Economics, the Journal of Financial Economics, and the Journal of Monetary Economics—were founded by Simon Business School.
• The position is a two-year, full-time position with benefits and competitive compensation.
• Conducting research on policy-relevant topics in economics and management. Research areas that will be given special consideration are industrial organization theory and digital economics.
• Participation in the Simon Business School activities, as well as engagement in the Policy Initiative and the Economics and Management group.
• Applicants must have earned their PhD in Economics or a Management Science field by the time of appointment.
• Demonstrated ability to produce high-quality research on policy-relevant topics in economics and management.
• A commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
To be considered, please submit your curriculum vitae, three letters of recommendation, and copies of research papers and publications online at http://apply.interfolio.com/131735. The application deadline is November 30, 2023.
Salary Range: $60,000-$90,000
The referenced pay range represents the minimum and maximum compensation for this job. Individual annual salaries/hourly rates will be set within the job’s compensation range, and will be determined by considering factors including, but not limited to, market data, education, experience, qualifications, expertise of the individual, and internal equity considerations.
The University of Rochester is committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of equity, diversity, and inclusion to advance the University’s mission to Learn, Discover, Heal, Create – and Make the World Ever Better. In support of our values and those of our society, the University is committed to not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, military/veteran status, national origin, race, religion/creed, sex, sexual orientation, citizenship status, or any other status protected by law. This commitment extends to the administration of our policies, admissions, employment, access, and recruitment of candidates from underrepresented populations, veterans, and persons with disabilities consistent with these values and government contractor Affirmative Action obligations.