Research Assistant Job Search
For Project: Leaders, Ideology, and Collective Action
CEMFI invites application for one research assistant position to work in the project “Leaders, Ideology, and Collective Action”. Candidates should have a Bachelors or Master in Economics or related disciplines, prior experience with data analysis, and a strong interest in research in applied microeconomics. The Principal Investigator of the project is Professor Monica Martinez-Bravo (http://www.cemfi.es/~martinez-bravo). The position will be based at CEMFI, in Madrid, one of the leading graduate schools in Economics in Europe.
Research Assistant Roles and Responsibilities:
· Coordinating data collection from different administrative datasets.
· Managing all aspects related to outsourcing tasks to data-entry companies and freelancers.
· Doing basic data-entry.
· Quality testing of primary data collection.
· Cleaning datasets and conducting basic statistic and econometric analysis.
· Assisting the principal investigator in other aspects of the project.
Desired Qualifications and Experience:
· Bachelor's or Master's degree in economics, social sciences, mathematics, statistics, public policy, or related fields.
· Excellent management and organizational skills.
· Meticulous, organized and detailed oriented.
· Strong quantitative skills.
· Excellent knowledge of Excel and Stata.
· Flexible, self-motivating, independent and able to manage multiple tasks efficiently.
· Proficient in English.
· Strong interests in academic research.
· Previous experience as a research assistant will be highly valued
· Full-time position. Preferably someone that can work flexible hours.
· The job will be based in CEMFI in Madrid, but working from other locations can be considered.
· Duration: Up to 11 months, starting in January 1st 2019.
· Competitive Salary
Candidates should apply via econjobmarket https://econjobmarket.org/positions/5548 before December 10, 2018. Candidates should submit a curriculum vitae; a short statement of purpose describing reasons for interest in this position and future career plans; contact details of two recommenders (recommendations would only be solicited for finalists); transcript from bachelors or masters; and writing sample (undergraduate or master thesis) if available.