For Project: Leaders, Ideology, and Collective Action
CEMFI invites application for one research assistant position to work in the project “Leaders, Ideology, and Collective Action”. Candidates should have a Bachelors or Master in Economics or related disciplines, prior experience with data analysis, and strong interest in research in applied microeconomics. The Principal Investigator of the project is Professor Monica Martinez-Bravo (http://www.cemfi.es/~martinez-bravo). The position will be based at CEMFI, in Madrid, one of the leading graduate schools in Economics in Europe.
Research Assistant Roles and Responsibilities:
Desired Qualifications and Experience:
· Bachelor's or Master's degree in economics, social sciences, mathematics, statistics, public policy, or related fields.
· Excellent management and organizational skills.
· Meticulous, organized, and detailed oriented.
· Strong quantitative skills.
· Excellent knowledge of Excel and Stata.
· Flexible, self-motivating, independent and able to manage multiple tasks efficiently.
· Proficient in English.
· Strong interests in academic research.
· Previous experience as research assistant will be highly valued
· Able to legally work in the European Union
· Full-time position. Preferably someone that can work flexible hours.
· The job will be based in CEMFI in Madrid, but working from other locations can be considered.
· Duration: September 1st 2019 to May 30th 2020
· Competitive Salary
Candidates should apply via econjobmarket before July 11th, 2019. Candidates should submit a curriculum vitae; a short statement of purpose describing reasons for interest in this position and future career plans; contact details of two recommenders (recommendations would only be solicited for finalists); transcript from bachelors or masters; and writing sample (undergraduate or master thesis) if available.