Universidad Carlos III de Madrid invites applications for a 1-year full-time Research Assistant position (Pre-doc).
Candidates should have a Bachelor or a Master Degree in Economics, or be about to obtain one, prior experience with data analysis, and a strong interest in research in applied microeconomics. The work would relate to several research projects in the areas of migration, intergenerational mobility, and development economics in a research group with Jesús Fernández-Huertas Moraga, Luigi Minale, and Jan Stuhler.
The position will be based at UC3M, one of the leading Economics Departments in Europe. The campus is located in Getafe (Madrid), but depending on the current situation most work could be done remotely.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Obtaining and preparing datasets
- Conducting statistic and econometric analysis
- Preparing literature reviews
- Assisting the principal investigators in other aspects of the project
Desired qualifications and experience:
Bachelor's or Master's degree in economics, mathematics, statistics, or related fields. Candidates about obtaining one of these degrees are also eligible. Ideally, candidates will be working towards or have the intention to work towards a PhD in one of the above disciplines.
- Excellent management and organizational skills. Meticulous, organized, and detail-oriented.
- Strong quantitative skills. Excellent knowledge of Excel and Stata. Knowledge of Python and text analysis would be an advantage.
- Flexible, self-motivating, independent and able to manage multiple tasks efficiently.
- Proficient in English.
- Strong interests in academic research.
- Able to legally work in the European Union.
- Full-time position.
- The job will be based at UC3M in Madrid/Getafe.
- Duration: 1-year: September 21st 2020 to September 20th 2021. With the possibility of being extended for a second year.
- Salary: 1300€/month, gross salary.
Candidates should apply via email to email@example.com before September 1, 2020. Candidates should submit a curriculum vitae; a short statement of purpose describing reasons for interest in this position and future career plans; contact details of two recommenders (recommendations would only be solicited for finalists); transcript from bachelors or masters; and writing sample (undergraduate or master thesis) if available.
Interviews will be conducted remotely starting from August 24th, 2020.