Advertiser: Economics, Radboud University (Radboud Universiteit)
Field(s) of specialization:
- Behavioral Economics
Location of job:
Heyendaalseweg 141, Nijmegen, GE, 6525 AJ, Netherlands
Job start date:
Letters of reference required: 2
Target date for applications: 5 Dec 2021
31 Dec 2021 midnight UTC
Posting end date: 31 Jan 2022
Interviews will be conducted remotely by video
The Department of Economics and Business Economics at the Nijmegen School of Management (NSM) at Radboud University, the Netherlands, seeks applicants for an assistant professor in Finance, preferably with a link to FinTech, sustainability and/or corporate finance. You will be part of the finance group.
You will primarily be expected to conduct high-quality research in finance or economics and related fields linked to finance. Expertise in behavioural or experimental methods would be an advantage, but is not required. The NSM explicitly encourages interdisciplinary research. This position is expected to result in a series of high-quality publications in finance, economics or related disciplines. You will further be expected to provide high-quality courses in finance and economics at the Bachelor's and Master's levels, and to supervise Bachelor's and Master's theses.
- You hold or shortly expect to obtain a PhD degree in business administration, economics, psychology/decision sciences or a related field.
- You are highly motivated and have the potential to build a record of excellence in both research and teaching in FinTech, sustainability, corporate finance, financial economics, behavioural/experimental finance or a related field.
- You have an excellent record in academic teaching, as evidenced by good teaching evaluations, and a willingness to obtain a university teaching qualification within the first 4 years of the contract.
- You should have working papers or potential revise-and-resubmits, or have published articles in leading international journals in the field of finance, economics or a related field.
- Experience with the acquisition of research funding will also be valued.
- You have excellent English language skills in oral and written communication. Dutch language skills would be an advantage but are not required.
Economics and Business Economics at Radboud University is Economics+. We employ and train out-of-the-box thinking economists who make use of the mainstream repertoire of economic theories and methods but are also able to integrate related theories and methods from other disciplines such as psychology, sociology and political science. As a result, Radboud economists are better able to contribute to the discussion and resolution of contemporary societal challenges.
- A temporary employment for 6 years (tenure track), leading to a tenured position, at least assistant professor 1, depending on academic performance.
- Employment for 1.0 FTE.
- The gross monthly salary amounts to a minimum of €3,807 and a maximum of €5,211 based on a 38-hour working week, depending on previous education and number of years of relevant work experience (salary scale 11).
- You will receive 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus.
- Applicants from abroad moving to the Netherlands may qualify for a special tax relief by which 30% of their salary is tax free.
- There are additional employment benefits like extra holidays, see our employment conditions. You will be able to use our Dual Career and Family Care Services.
For questions about the position, please contact Prof. Stefan Zeisberger, Professor of Financial Economics at email@example.com.
We will start reviewing applications from 5 December 2021, but will continue to consider applications submitted until 31 December 2021. Kindly address your application to Prof. dr. S. Zeisberger. Please fill in the application form and attach the following documents:
- A letter of motivation
- Your CV, including a list of working papers and publications
- A job market paper and further research papers
- Teaching statement and evaluations (optional)
- Two letters of recommendation
The first round of online interviews will take place in December 2021 or January 2022. You would preferably begin in August 2022.
Radboud University has a strong track record in promoting female scholars to leadership positions, and we therefore especially welcome applications from women who fit the above profile.