Advertiser: Mathematical Institute, Utrecht University
Field(s) of specialization:
Location of job:
Job start date:
Current search status: Search suspended/canceled
Posting end date: 30 Jan 2023
The Mathematical Institute at Utrecht University is seeking to hire an Assistant Professor in game theory/mathematical economics. The Mathematical Institute has a strong research reputation and an excellent graduate program. It is currently building up a research group at the intersection of mathematics, economics, and finance and is responsible for a “double BSc” program in Mathematics and Economics (where students receive two degrees in three years).
We are seeking candidates who have experience working at the intersection of mathematics and economics and who have the following qualifications:
- A PhD in mathematics, economics, or related discipline.
- Excellent research potential.
- The ability to teach in and develop courses for our BSc and MSc programs.
Willingness to acquire a working knowledge of the Dutch language within the first few years of the appointment is highly appreciated.
- An appointment at the level of Assistant Professor, with the prospect of a permanent employment contract following a positive evaluation after at most 18 months, depending on the candidate’s experience.
- A full-time gross salary ranging from € 3974,- to € 5439 (scale 11 according to the Collective Labor Agreement of Dutch Universities). Salaries are supplemented with a holiday bonus of 8% and a year-end bonus of 8.3% per year. Researchers from outside the Netherlands can apply for a tax-free allowance of their taxable salary for the first five years of their stay in the Netherlands.
- A pension scheme, partially paid parental leave, and flexible employment conditions based on the Collective Labour Agreement Dutch Universities
You can apply here.