The Research Division of the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis offers dissertation internships to Ph.D. students in economics. The internship targets students with strong research interest. The purpose of the internship program is to increase the students’ experience and exposure to scholarly research. The students will interact with the research economists at the Bank as well as visiting Washington University faculty, various other visiting scholars, and other dissertation interns. Learn more about the internship here.
· Applications are open to Ph.D. students from all Ph.D.-granting colleges and universities (in the U.S. or abroad).
· Applicants must have passed their qualifying examinations and must be at the dissertation stage of their program.
· Students that expect to finish their Ph.D. in 2024 are preferred.
· Internships will be in-person, lasting 3-4 weeks, beginning on August 7, 2023.
· Students will be expected to make one formal presentation at the Dissertation Interns’ Workshop on August 15-16, 2023.
We are currently accepting applications for 8 open positions during the summer of 2023. The application deadline is Monday, March 13, 2023.
Below are examples of where past Dissertation Interns have gone on to accept positions:
University of Minnesota
University of Michigan
London School of Economics
University of Southern California – Marshall Business School
University of Rochester
Western University - Canada
For More Information
Juan M. Sanchez, Vice President Dissertation.Intern.Recruiting@stls.frb.org